Outcomes Do’s and Don’ts
- Strive for a culture of intentional learning, foster a dialogue assisted by the data
- Maintain flexibility for adaptation in a process of continuous feedback
- Make it a learning experience, not an accountability experience
- Seek balance and proportionality
- Use only single indicators
- Lose sight of larger context and systems dynamics
- Let the stakes get too high
- Confuse the indicator measures with the outcomes or the full truth
- Expect results from long-term strategies for large- scale problems
Takeaways are critical, bite-sized resources either excerpted from our guides or written by GrantCraft using the guide's research data or themes post-publication. Attribution is given if the takeaway is a quotation.
This takeaway was derived from Making Measures Work for You.