Racial Equity Resources
Internal Diversity, Inclusiveness, and Equity
- Community Foundations of Canada. Building Bridges: A Tool for Engaging Diverse Communities.
- Minnesota Council on Foundations. Building on a Better Foundation: A Toolkit for Creating an Inclusive Grantmaking Organization.
- Effective Communities. Becoming a Catalyst for Social Justice: A Tool for Aligning Internal Operations to Produce Progress.
- Expanding Non-Profit Inclusiveness Initiative. Inside Inclusiveness: Race, Ethnicity and Non-Profit Organizations.
- 65 Resources for Racial and Health Equity. Teach.com
Creating Will or Making the Case for a Racial Equity Lens
- Annie E. Casey Foundation. Race Matters Toolkit: “Is It About Race?”
- Community Foundations of Canada. Diversity Scanning Tool for Community Foundations.
- Effective Communities Project. Moving Past the Silence: A Tool for Negotiating Reflective Conversations About Race (download PDF).
Developing Racial Justice Grantmaking Strategies
- Race Forward: The Center for Racial Justice Innovation.
- Aspen Institute Roundtable on Community Change. Project on Structural Racism and Community Building: Racial Equity and Society Seminars and Learning Forum.
- Applied Research Center/Philanthropic Initiative for Racial Equity. Racial Justice Grantmaking Assessment Tool.
- Effective Communities Project. Choosing Promising Ideas and Proposals: A Tool for Giving that Closes the Gaps (download PDF).
Communicating with a Racial Equity Lens
- Center for Social Inclusion. Thinking Change: Race, Framing, and the Public Conversation on Diversity.
- Hunter Cutting and Makani Themba-Nixon. Talking the Walk: A Communications Guide for Racial Justice.
Takeaways are critical, bite-sized resources either excerpted from our guides or written by GrantCraft using the guide's research data or themes post-publication. Attribution is given if the takeaway is a quotation.
This takeaway was derived from Grantmaking with a Racial Equity Lens.